Pharmacy (Pharm – D)
The objective of this 5 years undergraduate degree program is to train pharmacy practitioners to possess leadership qualities, advanced expertise and clinical experience that enable them to be at the forefront of the pharmacy profession and health care in a variety of settings; institutional, community practice, government, academia, and industry and drug development. The curriculum emphasizes a patient centered course of study and involves a structure that will enable students to develop into reflective practitioners with skills and attitudes to evaluate critically and modify practices in a timely and effective manner.
First Division F.Sc.(Premedical / A-Level equivalent to 60% of F.Sc.
The approved Pharm.D curriculum has been designed / formulated to prepare Quality Pharmacists who will have the capacity, up to date knowledge, strong ethical values, behavior, communication, writing & social skills that will enable them to pursue careers in:
1) Pharmaceutical care in health systems & community environments where appropriate medication usage and patient’s safety is paramount.
2) Pharmaceutical Industry & its quality systems.
3) Pharma covigilance / Patient safety & safe medication usage in community & health care systems.
4) Academia and Research.
5) Managed Patient Care as a member of multidisciplinary health care team.
6) Keeping stakeholders in the pharmaceutical sector up to date on the implications of WTO TRIPS.